Flying with a toddler is the trickiest stage ever. When it comes to travelling with a car, it is not a big deal, but if we talk about flying, it is what we call an adventure. An adult could prepare himself with a book, music or something else, but toddlers can be monsters when they are irritated. If that happen, you better not be in a 16-hours long flight …
So – what should we do in order both of toddler and the other passengers to feel comfortable during the flight?
- Rule number one when flying with a toddler – aim for anight flight. The secret of flying with such a little child is to have a bassinet and the good news are that most of the airlines offer it. Wear the pajamas and do not change the toddler’s evening rituals. It will be more comfortable for the child, who could sleep, and it will also be ok for you.
- Check in early and leave plenty of time for security. Prepare your child that the toy is also a passenger and will have to go through the x-ray machine but they will have him back.
- Choose your seats carefully and as early as possible. Every single airline have visual seat map on their website. If you have a newly potty trained toddler, the perfect seat is near the WC.
- If you have a long flight, consider boarding last with your toddlerand have your partner board a bit earlier with all the travel gear you have. There is really no point in keeping a toddler restained on a plane longer than necessary.
- Bring a travel pillow. They really do help to settle little ones.
- Pack ALL the snacks!Whoever have not fight with a child, does not know how much kids can consumate on the plane. An adult may need only one salty snack, but when it comes to the children, bring what you think and double it! Avoid sugary sweets as all that pent-up energy will have nowhere to go, ut keep a lolipop – just in case the change in pressure irritates their ears.
- Order a child meal. If your toddler is over 2, then you can order a child meal on most airlines. Check for more information on the airlines’ websites before booking.
- Pack some toys and clothes just for the flight.Packing it in a small backpack that they can manage helps too.
- Bring your headphones and a good music – some may not believe, but kids loves listening to music. Is there a better moment than during flight?
Author: Savina Danailova
ClaimHelp is a company established and operating with air passengers’ interests as its top priority, educating them about their rights and helping them overcome the hassle associated with flight cancellation, delayed flights and denied boarding.
We will assist you to obtain from the airline, what you are entitled to as compensation end we will end up fighting to protect your rights. Our mission and main goal is to make the air travel a peaceful and stress-free way to get to know the word.
Your trust is our way to success.